Neurology is the branch of medical science that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and dysfunctions of the nervous system which includes Brain, Spinal cord, Nerves and Muscles. Shine Super Speciality Hospital offers all facilities for investigations and treatment of all kinds of neurological problems.
Nonsurgical Neuro Treatments
- Anti-seizure medications. These drugs can help stop or control seizures and are also prescribed to relieve pain that sometimes comes with nerve injury, damage or degeneration.
- Blood thinners. Simple drugs like aspirin or clopidogrel go a long way toward preventing stroke. Stronger blood thinners may be needed in selected cases.
- Corticosteroids and disease-modifying drugs. These medications alter the immune system and are often prescribed for patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). They may reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms in relapsing-remitting MS or slow the progression of secondary progressive MS.
- Dopaminergic medications. The most widely prescribed drugs for patients with Parkinson’s disease help produce or mimic dopamine, and reduce symptoms such as muscle rigidity, slow body movement, poor coordination and tremors.
- Clot-busting drugs. This treatment is typically administered at the first sign of an ischemic stroke, in which a clot prevents blood from flowing to an area of the brain. The medication helps dissolve the clot so blood can flow again.
- Immunotherapies. These drugs are prescribed for disorders such as Guillain-Barré syndrome. They help reduce the inflammatory response that triggers symptoms.
- Antidepressants. These medications increase levels of certain brain chemicals. They may help reduce sleep problems, relieve pain and improve mood for patients with neurological disorders.